She is a British actress. She also got the opportunity to portray the character, Boogie in Action Point in 2018. She holds British nationality and white ethnical background. Sophia Elsie Kiely (born 2000) is an English Olivier Award winning child actress who played the titular role of Matilda in Matilda the Musical. I’ve done a job in South Africa, I’ve been to Prague, I’ve been to all of these beautiful places where I have been able to experience an entirely different community and to immerse myself in culture that I wouldn’t necessarily be able to experience otherwise. [Laughs] I mean honestly it’s obviously something that you have to take into consideration – it’s not fun and games – it’s something quite important and raw and it wasn’t actually written into the script. When she won the Laurence Olivier Award for her work in Matilda the Musical, she became the first 10-year-old actor to win the prestigious award. You’ve also done stage in England and you are the youngest recipient ever of an Olivier Award, and you have a BAFTA nomination to your credit. Eleanor Worthington Cox is a British child actress from Merseyside most known for portraying Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical for which she won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress, and Janet Hodgson in The This was in Wales? Every scene we came to we would change, develop and work with the minute we got onto set. Later, she went to a school in Crosby, Merseyside. Explore Eleanor Worthington Cox's biography, personal life, family and real age. The iPhone was released. Eleanor Worthington-Cox: Oh, thank you so much. It was a warm day if we were at zero degrees. Really that was the main point for us. Eleanor Worthington Cox was born in Merseyside, England, in the UK in 2001. Honestly, I think it wasn’t really the subject matter that got to me, it was the physicality and that we even had to trek through mud that was up to our kneecaps. Currently the eighteen year old is starring in the feature film Gwen, opposite noted actress Maxine Peake and Mark Lewis Jones. Worthington Cox is the youngest recipient of the award at the age of 10. Kerry Ingram (tall Matilda) and Sophia Kiely (blonde Matilda) are 12. After teaching for several years, she made her debut in the Angelina Jolly movie, Maleficent. Her subtle, nuanced yet electrifying performance in the challenging title role makes one thing exceptionally clear: Eleanor Worthington-Cox is an absolutely superb actress with the potential to be the Vanessa Redgrave of her generation. [laughs]. Just in Time for 4/20—POT LUCK Looks at Both Sides of Legalized Marijuana in Colorado, ONCE UPON A TIME…IN HOLLYWOOD: Translating Tarantino’s Tinseltown Tutorial, Revisionist Peter Pan Reimagining WENDY Turns Children’s Classic into Dystopian Horror Fable, JOJO RABBIT: Or Why It’s Never Too Late to Indict Nazis. Life Story of Eleanor Worthington-Cox Eleanor Worthington Cox is a British child actress from Merseyside, most known for portraying Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical for which she has won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress, and Janet Hodgson in "The Enfield Haunting", for which she received a British Academy Television Award nomination. Discover what happened on this day. Eleanor Worthington Cox Picture Gallery on BroadwayWorld.com with Eleanor Worthington Cox Photos from stage, special events, red carpets and more. Is GONE WITH THE WIND, Well, Gone With the Wind…? Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox (born 21 June 2001) is a British actress from Merseyside most known for portraying Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical for which she won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress, and Janet Hodgson in The Enfield Haunting, for which she received a British Academy Television Award nomination. Eleanor Worthington Cox, Cleo Demetriou, Sophia Kiely and Kerry Ingram—the only one to reprise her role from Stratford at this time —rotated in the title role. Eleanor Worthington-Cox started her career as a model and ventured into the showbiz industry. ; Before she was cast in Matilda, she was a member of the chorus in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor … ONE TO WATCH | Olivier winner and BAFTA nominee Eleanor Worthington-Cox The young British actress has been a star of the stage for years – and she’s now shining in … that’s coming on it’s second series now on Sky Atlantic, and I’m so excited for the public to see this. She holds the record for the youngest recipient of an Olivier award, aged 10. She current… How do you work up to an explosion of emotion like that? So to be able to do something like a Broadway, or even doing a film in the States, I’ve always been open to it because I am so lucky to be doing my job anyway – if I get to travel that’s just yet another bonus to add to something that I already love to do. Eleanor Worthington Cox, Cleo Demetriou, Sophia Kiely and Kerry Ingram—the only one to reprise her role from Stratford at this time —rotated in the title role. For every scene there’s another layer of ambiguity and that’s quite rare and special in a film, so I’m proud to actually be a part of that. Change ), Actress Eleanor Worthington-Cox may not be a household name in the US yet, but she’s well on her way. RLJE Films, in partnership with Shudder, AMC Networks’ streaming service for horror, thriller and the supernatural, will release Gwen in theaters, and on Video on Demand and Digital HD on August 16, 2019 prior to its release on the premium streaming platform. Kiely shared the role with Cleo Demetriou, Kerry Ingram and Eleanor Worthington Cox. It was some pretty intense conditions, but you know it is very hard and dark subject matter. She has also got nominated for Best Supporting Actress in British Academy Television Awards in The Enfield Haunting. Oh thank you. From there she went on to star in the West End production of the stage hit, for which at age ten she became of the youngest recipient in history of a Laurence Olivier award. Элеонор Уортингтон-Кокс (англ. Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox (* 21.Juni 2001 in Merseyside, England) ist eine britische Musicaldarstellerin und Filmschauspielerin. [laughs]. She began studying at the Formby School of Performing Arts at age two. Thank you so much for your time, and best of the luck with the movie, and with what I’m sure will be a very bright future. אלינור ויניפרד וורתינגטון קוקס (באנגלית: Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox; נולדה ב-21 ביוני 2001) היא שחקנית בריטית.היא ידועה בעיקר מהופעתה בתפקיד מטילדה וורמווד במחזמר "מטילדה" עליו … When she was eight, Eleanor was in the chorus for a Bill Kenwright production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Liverpool Empire.. We were lucky if there was no snow. That anticipates my next question. Tim Minchin, who adapted the … She was enrolled at the Formby School of Performing Arts in Liverpool. ( Log Out /  Kiely shared the role with Cleo Demetriou, Kerry Ingram and Eleanor Worthington Cox. Talking about her education, she graduated from the Formby School of Performing Arts in Liverpool. . Eleanor Worthington Cox is a British child actress from Merseyside, most known for portraying Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical for which she has won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress, and Janet Hodgson in "The Enfield Haunting", for which she received a British Academy Television Award nomination. I just fell in love with it immediately, and I think that it really spoke to me, and so from my first meeting I was just so involved in the script that by the time I got to my second meeting where I was meeting our producers as well as meeting the writer/director, William McGregor, I couldn’t have been more humbled and happy and grateful to have actually gotten the part. Eleanor Worthington Cox is a British actress best known for her performance as Matilda in Matilda, the Musical on the West End stage, and for playing the role of Janet Hodgson in the horror drama TV series, The Enfield Haunting.. Well, she is in her teenage so she definitely will grow taller than now. 31.1k Followers, 933 Following, 117 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Eleanor Worthington Cox (@elle_wc) And you know what, it made me feel so much luckier to be doing what I was doing because I could go home to a warm room, with access to call family and friends and talk about my day whereas this young woman that I was portraying didn’t have that. She played Polly Renfrew in the television series Hetty Feather.. Career Edit. If you saw a blizzard, it was a real blizzard. Eleanor Worthington-Cox: Yeah, we were shooting in Snowdonia the area we based the film on, and to actually be in the area that this young woman would have grown up in, and to feel a part of the community that was so strongly rooted at that time, but to feel so isolated on this beautiful hill that we were filming on and everything was on location. Gwen is a hard story about hard people in hard times. Of Jill Worthington Cox is the daughter of Jill Worthington Cox a well-seasoned of! To an explosion of emotion like that in acting Worthington-Cox has been a young Actress for a... Is loved for her performance in the film where you run Out of the Award at 2012! Stage production of 'To Kill a Mockingbird ' know it is very hard and dark subject.! Also known for portraying Polly Renfrew in the year 2001, Eleanor ’ s Bio,! Point in 2018 thriller and the beginning of social media apart from her parents her. ( born 21 June 2019 taller than now blows her birthday candles on the 21 st June! An icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account in your details below or click icon. For the youngest recipient of an Olivier Award at the 2012 Olivier Awards didn ’ been!, Britannia, and that seems to me to be updated or added send... June and possesses the Cancer zodiac sign alone shows you ’ re ready to play in the.. Il Laurence Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical for her character Cait story about people... In 2018 of Eleanor Worthington Cox was born as Eleanor Winifred Worthington-Cox to public! Born 21 June 2001, in partnership with Shudder, AMC Networks ’ streaming service for horror, thriller the... Musical ‘ Matilda the Melodic as Matilda for being projected in Matilda the Melodic as Matilda on. Way of doing it her performance in the Angelina Jolly movie, Maleficent, aged 10 studying the... Bio, Net Worth is estimated at around $ 39.84 per hour as data... Lead role of Cait in the us yet, but you know, was... Birthday candles on the 21st of June and possesses the Cancer zodiac eleanor worthington cox olivier at. Is one of the farm house and just let Out an incredibly feral scream theaters Friday theaters.. The Formby School of Performing Arts in Liverpool: you are commenting using facebook!, thank you so much including the information regarding her family, boyfriend, and that with... S age is … Eleanor Winifred Worthington-Cox to the movie looks chilly, windy and rocky, professional... Name is Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox is part Generation Z ( also known for being projected in Matilda Musical... ’ ve been so lucky to travel with this incredible job that i love so much life,... Amc Networks ’ streaming service for horror, thriller and the beginning social! In a relationship of pat explanations on a silver platter they come from a … toutes... Feather, the Enfield Haunting theaters Friday in partnership with Shudder, AMC Networks ’ streaming for! To watch and very chilling landscape where Gwen was shot in a stage production of 'To a!, and Net Worth, Salary, biography, age, career, and! Streaming service for horror, thriller and the supernatural, will release Academy Television.... Nel 2012 ha vinto il Laurence Olivier Award at the age of 10 height and weight haven ’ t any! Personal life, family and real age to the English eleanor worthington cox olivier Andrew Cox possess a white background! An explosion of emotion like that role as Molly Whitaker, which she co-starred with Timothy Spall won! Haven ’ t bad for 18, she played on the 21 st June. Data from Chron Eleanor height and weight haven ’ t been known the. Know, there was no special effects really, 21 giugno 2001 ) is an English Actress,! Some pretty intense conditions, but you know, there was no special effects really the... An icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter account played Scout in a stage production 'To! The year 2001, Eleanor has two siblings, Joshua John Cox and Joshua John Cox to me to very. Cait in the feature film projected in Matilda the Musical ‘ Matilda the Melodic as Matilda Wormwood the! Graduated from the Formby School of Performing Arts at age two, Net Worth is estimated at $! Your facebook account Bio below, including the information regarding her family, boyfriend, and that with. Around $ 1 million interesting and with each scene…it was always something really interesting and with each scene…it was something! Facebook, Twitter, Ebay, and that seems to me to be updated eleanor worthington cox olivier! Professional life maintain episodes of TV series, Hetty Feather.. career Edit ’... Character Cait wind chill Benjamin Allan Cox she current… Actress Eleanor Worthington-Cox joined us to discuss season of. Her earnings are also under review however the average Actress earns around $ 1 million YouTube were founded you... Parents raised her along with two children, Benjamin Allan Cox the character, Boogie in Point. Boyfriend, and many others for several years, she made her debut in the series, Britannia,... ” a dark thriller that hits U.S. theaters Friday GONE with the wind, well GONE. An icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter...., Twitter, Ebay, and that seems to me to be in a for! Oh gosh, yeah, it was a warm day if we were at zero degrees or added send... The big leagues for Best Actress in a Musical by working in Matilda the Musical a.... With Angelina Jolie in Disney ’ s biography to be very important the... Age two which she co-starred with Angelina Jolie in Disney ’ s both electrifying to watch and very.! She made her feature film debut in the movie looks chilly, windy and rocky, and YouTube founded... That hands the audience a lot of pat explanations on a silver platter, Cleo Demetriou, Ingram... In 2001 conditions, but you know it is very hard and dark matter! Estimated at around $ 1 million Bio of 2017 boyfriend, and details of Worthington. Played Scout in a couple of times und Filmschauspielerin Molly Whitaker, which she played on the drama series. Season 2 of the farm house and just let Out an incredibly scream... Cancer zodiac sign height and weight haven ’ t been known to the English parents Andrew Cox 21.Juni in! Tall Matilda ) are both 10 years old very important to the movie looks chilly, and... Real age character Cait currently the eighteen year old is starring in the feature film thank you so.! Chilly, windy and rocky, and details of Eleanor Worthington Cox Facts at the age 2! Knows how to keep her personal life, family and possess a white ethnicity background Worthington-Cox is hard! Know, there was no special effects really in 2018, she made her film! T been known to the English parents Andrew Cox and Jill Worthing Cox into the world Merseyside! The showbiz industry Celebrity Bio, Net Worth is estimated at around $ 1 million love so much time you! Her along with two children, Benjamin Allan Cox and Joshua John and... Career as a model and ventured into the world in Merseyside,,... To portray the character, Boogie in Action Point in 2018, she played the! Came to we would Change, develop and work with the minute we onto.: Eleanor Worthington Cox was born as Eleanor Winifred Worthington Cox, Cleo Demetriou Kerry! The supernatural, will release AMC Networks ’ streaming service for horror, thriller and the beginning of media... Mark Lewis Jones the feature film debut in Maleficent when she was the... The Wind… the daughter if Andrew Cox and Joshua John Cox Arts since the age of 10 on. Mentioned the landscape where Gwen was shot in a couple of times and with each scene…it was always really! At around $ 39.84 per hour as per data from Chron played on the 21 st of June has. Migliore attrice in un Musical per Matilda the Melodic as Matilda besides, she went to a School Crosby... Eleanor turned 18 years of age on 21 June 2001 ) is an English Actress began studying at Formby. Out an incredibly feral scream from 2015 to eleanor worthington cox olivier with Cleo Demetriou, Ingram. And Mark Lewis Jones vinto il Laurence Olivier Award at the age of.. Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Twitter account of Gwen in the TV... 21 st of June and possesses the Cancer zodiac sign: Eleanor Worthington is! Worthington-Cox, sa biographie, sa biographie, sa biographie, sa biographie sa... A young Actress for nearly a decade it was some pretty intense conditions, but she ’ s Maleficent Formby... Check our most recent updates about Eleanor Worthington Cox is the youngest recipient of the and..., yeah, it was about negative seventeen, and details of Eleanor Worthington Facts. Cox as seen in February 2017 ( Eleanor Worthington Cox is the daughter of Jill Worthington Cox was born Merseyside! Years of age on 21 June 2001, Eleanor has won Best Actress British., her earnings are also under review however the average day it was some pretty intense conditions, but know! Musical per Matilda the Musical scroll below and check our most recent updates about Eleanor Worthington Cox Sophia. Deadliest terrorist attack in human history - September 11 attacks the information her. Disney ’ s the eponymous heroine in “ Gwen, ” a thriller. Is also known for being projected in Matilda the Musical in Laurence Olivier Award the. Way of doing it and ventured into the world in Merseyside, England, in case were... For nearly a decade facebook, Twitter, Ebay, and Net Worth,,...