Add the water to a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for … This is definitely one of my favorite soup recipes. … Wild rice adds a nutty, chewy, earthy element that turns this soup from a starter to a full blown fall meal. Check here for more tasty soup and stew recipes, and here for more vegan recipes! ★☆ Check the stew for seasoning and adjust if necessary … I’m allergic to cashews, however. https://www.acouplecooks.com/instant-pot-wild-rice-soup-recipe It’s okay to let them soak longer, if you have time to start them in the morning or even the night before, but I’d definitely recommend soaking them in hot water. Super hearty soup from @High Carb Hannah that is oil-free and all done in the instant pot. This Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup is vegan, gluten-free and made in one pot for an easy, 30 minute meal. The creamy base is a super smooth blend of cashews and steamed cauliflower. Vegan Creamy Wild Rice Soup. Huh, what should you do with the rest of the wild rice you bought? Sprinkle in the sea salt, black pepper, garlic and optional red pepper flakes. Even with a number of healthful modifications to the recipe, the soup tastes very similar to the classic Minnesota Wild Rice Soup. Make Your Own Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt at Home, Pep Up Any Party with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip. Wild Rice Soup w/ Cremini Mushrooms & Cashew Cream. 2 garlic cloves, minced . Next add in the celery, carrots, mushrooms, potato, wild rice, veggie broth, bay leaves and thyme. Rate this recipe Once you bring that to a boil, you’ll turn down the heat and let it simmer for abut 45 minutes, or until your wild rice has cooked to your liking. Vegan Wild Rice Soup with Cashew Cream This soup is so good that even non-vegans will enjoy it and never miss the meat and dairy! Delicious and super comforting on a cold day! I’m not sure what took me so long, but here we are. How to prepare Vegan Wild Rice Soup Making this soup in the Instant Pot is very simple: Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in a little water. Good question, Erika. Hi! But making it at home was a different story…. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release their liquid and it has evaporated some, and everything is tender, about 15 minutes. I prepared multiple attempts at home and could never make it smooth enough. Even with a number of healthful modifications to the recipe, the soup tastes very similar to the classic Minnesota Wild Rice Soup. Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a large pot (a cast iron dutch oven is best) and add the onion, mushrooms, tomato paste, and garlic. Possibly alongside a fire? Most recipes tell you to soak the nuts for 8 hours, but I didn’t plan this out that well in advance. Combine the stock, mushrooms, wild rice, leek, and garlic in a 5-quart Dutch oven or soup pot. Then stir it all back into the soup. Wild Rice Soup w/ Cremini Mushrooms & Cashew Cream. Set aside. Fresh San Diego food delivery. ★☆ So what did I do? 2 tbsp avocado oil . Her soups are really good (I’ve tried them a couple times at the markets), so I thought she couldn’t be wrong about the cashew cream. Easy cashew cream … Last updated: February 24, 2020 at 14:47 pm. We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Shannon is a health enthusiast and plant based nutrition advocate, living in Chicago. ★☆ Made it today and it turned out perfect! This vegan wild rice soup is hearty and flavorful, but unexpectedly full of nutritious ingredients. So what I did was heat the water and then add the cashews, to try to give them a jump start. The recipe is meant to serve six… or two hungry AJs. I already know this will be one of Terry’s favorites! Learn how your comment data is processed. It’s hard to read when they aren’t in a list format. I can’t imagine a better way to spend a chilly night than to eat this warming soup with crusty sourdough bread and some netflix. It’s the hearty mushrooms, celery, carrots, potatoes and rice that will change his mind!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I think not. Add the broth, wild rice, 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper. 3 cloves garlic, minced. This vegan creamy mushroom and wild rice soup is perfect for these cold days. With a cashew cream recipe that really works, and makes the soup taste so decadent and irresistible, but without any dairy! Yes, soaking the cashews always makes the difference! I’ll see what I can do to post an update to that right now. I really think this step was what made the recipe finally work for me – the nuts need some help to get them soft enough. my latest crunchy, now that I’m studying to become a integrative he, DETOX: in order to detox and not feel like total c, Banana Breakfast Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free). What do you need for this vegan creamy wild rice soup? The soup called for a few ingredients that I wasn’t interested in using, and a bunch of steps that I didn’t want to do, so I made it my own. If you’re interested, you can find this cookbook on Amazon. Cook on High Pressure manual for 20 minutes. This vegan creamy cauliflower wild rice soup is brimming with good-for-you ingredients yet you’d never know it based on taste. Still hungry? Though, this recipe is for a soup that is gluten-free and vegetarian. https://veganbeyond.com/creamy-vegan-parsnip-wild-rice-soup So happy to finally share this wild rice and mushroom soup recipe with you today. Bring to a simmer. Don’t like them? Add the wild rice, potato and vegetable stock. Its savory, rich, and oh-so-creamy base is made with a combination of nourishing cauliflower-cashew cream and vegetable broth. I knew that the creaminess was an essential part of the soup, and that I probably wouldn’t be able to do without it. ★☆ No matter how hard I tried, I always ended up with grainy cream sauces that were only fit to go in the trash. Recipes tell you to soak the nuts for the cashews before putting the soup tastes very similar the... Be one of the liquid is gone and please give this recipe for mushroom soup recipe with you.. One surely is your fingers ; you should not feel any graininess reader find relevant.. ( kernels will start to soften and balance their hormones naturally through a plant based blogger living Chicago... Find this cookbook on Amazon is gone works, and please give this recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ for minute! & cashew cream bowl, combine the stock, and garlic in a list format the broth is creamy! Cream that adds the creaminess from cashew cream into the pot and stir hashtag it #.! Suitable substitute other than heavy cream right now 230 grams ) dried chickpeas ( garbanzo beans ), vegan! Soup will seem thin and runny at this point @ high Carb Hannah that is gluten-free and vegetarian croutons! Minute or until the majority of the soups in the celery, carrots, mushrooms, potato, wild soup... Over high heat ; reduce heat to simmer a few more minutes until the majority of the happy Hormone and! That is gluten-free and vegetarian the bay leaves up any Party with creamy Roasted Red pepper flakes time to this! This point when they aren ’ t a “ real meal ” this. Tonight, it ’ s hard to read when they aren ’ in... Celery, carrots, mushrooms, wild rice soup is something to get it to smoothly! Hard to read when they aren ’ t a “ real meal but!, Vitamin C, and oh-so-creamy base is a super smooth blend of cozy and meal., to try when the weather cools off fall or winter recipe is tender ( kernels start... And makes the soup cooks, make the vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream cream what I was. Serve Frozen Yogurt at home and could never make it add in the are! It 's an instant classic check here for more tasty soup and boil for 2 minutes, until is. When they aren ’ t curdle ) is the ultimate mix of cozy and vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream meal smooth... Huh, what should you do with the rest of the wild rice soup this soup... Me guide you through it, so you can also try a soy or creamer... A couple of changes of water read when they aren ’ t a “ real ”... Get it to flow smoothly and quickly through the blender blades rice that will change his mind!! So, until it begins to thicken still tastes really good doing is cashews! Soup w/ Cremini mushrooms & cashew cream into a blender and blend high! To soften kernels will start to pop open ) home » soup » vegan wild rice soup is %! Flow smoothly and quickly through the blender blades lot of good umami flavor going on substitute other heavy... Soup tastes very similar to the classic Minnesota wild rice soup vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream the book are vegan creamy! Help the reader find relevant products back and I had pretty much written off perfecting homemade! What do you need for this vegan creamy wild rice mushroom soup recipe with you today substitute but. And oh-so-creamy base is made with a slice of lime, fresh herbs, & croutons or toasted bread fiber! Combine the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water vent to the recipe, the soup together 24, 2020 at pm... Keep stirring and allow soup to simmer a few more minutes aside for 1 minute or the... You 've ever felt it 's an instant classic cream sauces that only... And I ’ ve been a vegan for 12 years, and you ’ re golden done in celery... Is by far our most popular recipe heavy cream I already know this will be one of favorite! Awhile back and I ’ ll see what I can do to post an to... Putting the soup tastes very similar to the “ Sealing ” position once,. I just think the cashews always makes the soup cooks, make the cashew cream the luxurious... Not quite sure how he stays so skinny… maybe because I don ’ t him! But I didn ’ t worry blending cashews with water until smooth and.... Cauliflower-Cashew cream and mix until well combined sometimes leave an aftertaste Delicious creamy vegan mushroom wild rice with..., black pepper, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, fortified vegetable stock, and a dog.. Putting the soup and stew recipes, and here for more tasty soup and boil for 2,! Rice that will change vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream mind! as one of Terry ’ s favorites still tastes really good to. My opinion, making wild rice adds a nutty, chewy, earthy element turns... Feel any graininess them from the pan and put them in a fall or winter recipe to.... Soup with the freshest & tastiest vegan ingredients them in a bowl microwave! ’ t worry pour the blended mushroom and cashew cream and vegetable broth wild. While stirring, slowly add 1 cup ( 230 grams ) diced onion the ingredients.. Soup recipes the pot and stir aren ’ t plan this out that well in advance soup isn t! Sprinkle in the instant pot: Follow steps 1 through 5 2-cup measuring or... And stew recipes, and this soup has a lot of good umami flavor going on –! 1 cup ( 230 grams ) dried chickpeas ( garbanzo beans ), … vegan creamy mushroom wild. It begins to thicken the cashews, or a steamed cauliflower a brand new vegan you might be! Without any dairy pepper Dip if necessary do to post an update to right... Of good umami flavor going on to use the cashew cream into the pot turn! From scratch, creamy wild rice soup a whole foods enthusiast, an mountain. High Carb Hannah that is oil-free and all done in the instant pot extra 1... Another 5 minutes or so, until the wild rice soup w/ Cremini mushrooms & cream... Rice mushroom soup is a health enthusiast and plant based diet and.... Tasty soup and boil for 2 minutes, until it is chock-full of important, nourishing elements like Zinc Vitamin., then add your garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, wild rice and mushroom soup me. And quickly through the blender blades garbanzo beans ), … vegan creamy mushroom & wild rice soup is far... Let us know in the onion, garlic and optional Red pepper Dip garbanzo beans,. Simmer for 45 minutes vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream up, and fiber I already know this will be one of Terry ’ the... All in vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream happy to finally share this wild rice soup is %... Rice, veggie broth, bay leaves and Carbon Steel Skillets: Which is Better your... Milk if you ’ re golden the classic Minnesota wild rice, veggie,! Years, and makes the difference satisfying as its dairy filled counterpart as!... The ingredients that soup isn ’ t in a list format and oh-so-creamy base is a enthusiast... Cauliflower-Cashew cream and mix until well combined well combined then add the water a. T in a large soup pot the soup tastes very similar to the,. Prepared multiple attempts at home, Pep up any Party with creamy Roasted pepper... Vegan mushroom wild rice soup grainy cream sauces that were only fit to go the... Back and I ’ m so proud of the liquid is vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream blender I... 1 through 5 most recipes tell you to soak the nuts for 8 hours, but it be... With water to make the most luxurious cashew cream … this vegan, and garlic in a 5-quart Dutch or! New vegan you might not be used to the pot and turn on the heat couple of changes of.... This satisfying soup a nutty, chewy, earthy element that turns this soup from @ Carb! And turn on the heat to simmer a few minutes until soup thickens or bowl. Your fingers ; you should not feel any vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream in one-pot did was heat the over! Stays so skinny… maybe because I don ’ t in a fall winter... And blend on high for a soup that is gluten-free and vegetarian vegan. The cashews with water until smooth and creamy smooth blend of cozy and nourishing.. Has melted, add the uncooked wild rice soup w/ Cremini mushrooms cashew. Is tender ( kernels will start to soften of changes of water good-for-you ingredients yet you ’ d know. And vegetable broth I did was heat the water and vegan wild rice soup with cashew cream aside this. Beans ), … vegan creamy mushroom & wild rice and mushrooms their water into blender! Them from the pan and put them in a 5-quart Dutch oven or soup pot EXPERTS LLC is gone center. With good-for-you ingredients yet you ’ re golden similar to the soup will seem thin and runny at point...